"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Friday, April 15, 2011

Spring is in the air...

Today's weather is just weird? I cannot handle the surprise of walking out my
front door and monstrous winds and cold air attack me just when I was starting to get used to wearing dresses everyday! Not cool Mother Nature, not cool. It makes for a comfy jeans and jacket kind of day, and I'm ok with that.

Fist of all, I wanted to share some AWESOME pictures that Austin and I took last weekend for our engagement session! You can check out our fabulous photographer, Miranda Kitchen, Here:. This is just a little sneak peek of the session, I will most certainly post more when we get them!

I am pretty much in love with them! We got a lot of shots with the plane and they are INCREDIBLE.

Spring is a time for new recipes and good cooking, I think. And one of my favorite things is to cook for others. I love the season of fresh fruits and produce and lots of meals with spice and style. I am obsessed with this place right here. Tonight we made: lemon garlic tilapia, asparagus sautéed in a thick soy sauce, and lime cilantro rice with pineapple (found on said website above). Yes, it was as amazing as it sounds. =] To top it off we are having mini cheesecakes with strawberries. Sigh...I am indeed in almost heaven.

Last night, I went an event at Lifechurch South called Sisters. At the event we heard from some GREAT Godly women and God stirred my heart. We heard about a book that I definitely want to get. It's called The 4:8 Principle: The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life by Tommy Newberry. Philippians 4:8 is one of the best verses in the Bible I believe. And it is definitely something that has just recently been on my mind daily. Our minds are so powerful, and true joy comes from a Godly mind and heart. I love that. I think this is a great study on the meaning behind that powerful verse and I am so excited to start it soon!


That's pretty much all for now. We're about to play Monopoly Deal (which I am determined to defeat my fiancé in once and for all, and enjoy a chill night on this breezy "spring" evening.

Happy Friday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Absoulutely love your blog :)
    you always have inspiring words to say!!

    ReplyDelete