"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

God's promises. ♥

There's something about the seasons of the world that tend to fit the seasons of life we are in. Summer brings about promises and joy and sunshine and bliss. Coming out of a tough year, it's nice to see the sun shining in many, many ways in my life! And even better, I am more grateful now than I would have ever been had I experienced this years ago.

A few things God has laid in my life that I just love. His promises are rocking my world.

First up, in 129 days I am getting married! :) I haven't written about this exciting news yet but Austin and I officially moved our wedding date up to August 12th 2011!! We will be getting married at the newest branch of our Lifechurch campus in Midwest City. The cool thing about this campus is that it will have just opened, we will be the first wedding to happen there and this a city Austin grew up in (I was there for several years as a kid as well). It will be incredible to start our new life right in the city we were both in as kids, but never knew each other there. =] Why the wedding date change? It's simple. We originally wanted to get married in AUgust but several family complications made us decide December would be what we'd have to work with. And then, after two months it was back to August. We learned some great lessons in that time period, and we are gratefully following God's crazy plan for us. =] So, needless to say, wedding mags and planning books are everywhere in the household currently. It's a crazy, sweet time!!

Secondly, in the winter of 2011, we are going back to Africa. Yep, that's right! Austin and I have prayerfully considered going to serve this year and know that this is our life! And whenever the opportunity arises, no matter the daunting amount of odds against us, we will GO. =] So this winter we are going to Uganda and Kenya with Visiting Orphans! What's even bette? My man is helping to lead the trip. Such a cool thing! I'm excited to see him take on this as we prepare for the trip!! I am beyond excited about this because my best friend is also coming along on this trip. Which just rocks my socks off because we totally have this on our bucket list (We're those kind of friends!). Looking forward to serving with two of the most important people in my life! =]
Third, I will be attending a new school in the fall. I got accepted to the University of Oklahoma--pretty much a dream come true of mine! I am just beyond excited about it!!! A small thing but a seriously awesome one!
Fourth, there are a lot of things God is doing in my heart and mind. In this season, most of all, I am happy about the radical difference God is making my life. It's hard to describe what it's like when you just surrender everything to Him. Your job, your marriage, your future...it creates a freedom in you. It's so surreal and is creating a change in me that I have never experienced before. The greatest part about all these changes is that I am realizing who I am. A strong, passionate girl just pursuing the call of God, and having hope for the promises He gives us. This is by far, the greatest part of the year 2011. I am ready to take on the world with faith to move mountains and with a "sun stand still" prayer in my heart.

(Btw, PLEASE read this book. Now)

"In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone." 2 Peter 1:5-7

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you!! It's all falling into place! ;) It's such a sweet feeling to put it all on Him and then realize that when you do, things turn out better than you even knew to hope for! Soak it up, sister! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh I love this. I love you. And I am so very, very happy about us serving together in Africa! I'm pretty sure we have the best best friend bucket list EVER. People MUST be jealous. I'm sure ;) Also, I got an email from Journey's womens ministry and they are doing a study on Sun Stand Still. It's a sign. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are the bestest! :) Thanks so much for the encouragement!! I am beyond blown away and love having you both on this journey with me!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete