"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Completely to YOU. ♥


"I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palm of My hands." Isaiah 49:15-16

I can't imagine a life that didn't consist of the deep ache that God so carefully places in our hearts at various times in our lives. My kind of ache, is of a deep, deep love. If you haven't noticed, my blog posts almost always mention the "L" word in some form or another. And it's because it's the only way I know how to live. In many forms, love has greeted me in the most devastating ways. And my hearts presses on to find many more days of that passionate ache to reside in my life.

My heart aches when I hold a child. My heart aches when I hold a child that looks at me as if their life is truly in my hands. My heart aches when I realize the value of this little life, even more so when this little life is fatherless. My heart aches when I remember the smell of diesel and dirt. My heart aches when I dance with the kids without shoes millions of miles away and with the tutu's I'm around weekly. My heart aches with the pressure of a hand in mine and the ring on my finger. It aches with strong arms around me and with eyes that are filled with hope for a future together. It aches with family, with newness and with freedom. It aches as I remember a life lost so that I could find my way to a God in a messy and dark world. It aches as I remember that my life has meaning, purpose and drive.

I find this ache beautiful and somewhat confusing. I have the power to make a radical impact with it. So the question I keep asking myself tonight is this...just what am I doing with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment