"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Say Yes To The Dress!

So...this whole bride-to-be process is really fun and I'm loving every minute of it! And of course, I have to write about all the big stuff so my grandkiddo's can one day hop on their Ipeds (you know...the next big thing in 30 years) and read all about their cool and super hip grandma's big day of dress shopping,(cause I will be that grandma. ;)

(Sidenote: I can only disclose so much about this amazing moment in my life because my guy is a faithful blog reader (I know, so sweet!), so of course, I can't say anything that might make him guess what it looks like!!)

On Saturday, my mom, Austin's mom, my best friend Jill and sister and I trekked up to the north side of OKC for what was by far, one of the most exhilirating days of my life! If you're anything like me, dress shopping is an exciting but extremely LONG process. And finding a wedding dress? Well, you may as well block out the whole day. ;) As, we walk into the store...and the sea of white just threw me into kind of a frenzy. I was breathless at all of the beautiful designs and styles...I was (almost) in heaven.

The dress hunting commenced! While I waited for my appointment, the ladies went through the aisles, grabbing this dress and that dress, "ooo's" and "ahhh's" coming from everywhere. Finally my consultant came to help me and we started trying them on! The manager liked me a lot and starting basically playing dres sup with me for awhile...I tried on ten...:)

And the last was by far, the one that made me gasp and tears came to my eyes. Immediately, I saw myself looking down the aisle at the man (with his jaw to the floor of course) of my dreams and knew it was the one! Yes, ladies and gents)the one. I tried on another dress I really liked at first but then put the other back on and felt myself turn into someone new. Serioulsy. It sounds corny but something happened in that moment. It all of the sudden felt real. This whole crazy process. My dream of being a wife and being loved so unconditionally is coming true and happening now! And I saw myself as the girl I know God is slowly pulling out of her shell. Needless to say, it twas indeed, one of the best moments of my life.

The sweetest thing about this was thinking about my sweet fiancé. It is the most incredible honor to be able to marry such a guy like him. I thanked God so many times for bringing us together and for writing a love story this will last and be a legacy. I am learning what it means to be a bride...and a Bride. :) And I am BLESSED.

And just in case you want to know my style....feast your eyes on this little beauty. ;)


Marry me?

No comments:

Post a Comment