"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Black Heels and Proverbs

This may just be one of my favorite blog posts I ever write.

I have been reading a book called, "For Women Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn. Austin and I each (he read, "For Men Only") have read these books. Let me just say...these are pretty much must have books.

I like black heels. I like how they make your calves look ;), and I like the air of style they bring to you. I like the feeling of coming home from a party or wedding and slipping off my heels and shaking out my curls. There's something about it that just screams that I am pursued, wanted, confident and radiant. You must be thinking..."really? Your shoes say all that?" Yes, my dear, they do.

I really love Proverbs. I visit it several times a year because wisdom is a thing gained only by effort...and I love that about the Proverbs. Each time I go back, I can feel certain pieces reaching out to me in ways it didn't 6 months before. Funny how that ancient book does that for you, huh? Every page is scribbled on and highlighted, each time giving a deeper and deeper message. I have been stuck on Proverbs 31:12, "She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life."

I do believe that understanding this verse could give us girls in black heels a very good lesson on some pretty important relationships in our lives. There is a captivating woman deep inside of each girl in this world. She values herself and has the confidence to conquer anything, even in her 4 inch heels. She is beautiful, brilliant and creative. She bows with humility and smiles with grace. She extends her hands with mercy and has fire in her hands. She is determined, elegant, passionate and downright incredible.

I truly believe the phrase, "behind every great man is a great woman." Why? Because of Proverbs 31:12. A woman that so deeply values her man will build him up and encourage him. She'll put on her best for him and love him without tally of performance. She'll serve him and honor him. She will pray for him. She will bring him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

Want to know why I like black heels so much? Once on, they are a symbol of confidence. Not the arrogant, catty kind of confidence. But the confidence of peace, hope and joy. I am the woman that is valued, pursued and loved. And not just by a great guy who is about to have my hand in marriage. =] We all know love empowers us women. I believe God gives every woman the confidence to dive into love with His strength. And lays that intense responsibility on us women to bring honor to Him as we honor the men in our lives.

Something to think about on this Monday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment