"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Friday, June 3, 2011

It's the simple things.

I got a message from a girl named Jennilee that lives in Colorado on Facebook today about my blog and it inspired me to write something since I haven't been. You must be thinking I have all this time now that summer has been out and blogging would be an easy thing to squeeze into my day...and you're right. However, my life has recently consisted of the following which has occupied my attention:





and of course with dozens of bridal magazines, phone calls and putting invitations together. Buuut, mostly the first three. :)

I love this easygoing time of summer. It still hasn't hit me that in two months life will look so completely different. I'm in the odd "in-between" point and it's just plain weird. But good. I am enjoying the slow pace of getting things together. It's kind of how I adapt to that every so present word, "change." I am working on resisting the urge to shudder when I hear that word.

I put in my two weeks at a job I have had for three years. It was bittersweet. Probably the first step towards the many changes I have facing me and it was the kind of feeling you get when you're at the top of a roller coaster waiting for it to fall. Anticipation. I have been blessed by God (which btw, has been a constant prayer for Austin and I as we prepare for married life), with a new job that I was offered today that will be close to where we are moving to and paying well enough to help a young married couple that's still in college stand on their feet.;)

I'm thankful for: Lemonade and ice cream sandwiches, time with family and time to watch endless hours of tv, and prayer. Oh and plane tickets...feel free to send one my way.

Yes, He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment