"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Need Africa [ Rwanda pt. 2]


[Playing with the kids at Noel after church]

A blizzardy day is a perfect day to write about Africa. One, because it's ALL I can think about today and two, because my fiancé Austin keeps posting all of the pictures he took us serving there!! ;)

I'm going to do more picture posting and less writing because the pictures say far more than I can. In this post,
I really want to talk about the Noel Orphanage in Rwanda but pictures say far more than I can. So I'll be writing less and adding more pictures. Cozy up and grab some tissues!


[At Noel, there are 105 babies under the age of 2. That is so many orphans. It just breaks my heart. But this is baby Nicolas. My heart pretty much adopted him when I saw him! His face just brings me such joy when I look at him. He had an adorable smile and a quiet little spirit. I love this little one!]



[Austin and a beautiful baby girl! I know, this is seriously the best picture EVER. ]


[Us with our babies. We were in the infants room ALOT. Let's just say we will be holding an orphan in our arms again in the future ;)]

The Noel Orphanage was by far, the most impacting place I have been to. The amount of children there, (about 600) was startling to me. I work with children on a daily basis but they all go home with parents and family that loves them. I left the first day at Noel so depressed and broken for these kids. All of them, orphaned for the rest of their lives. Living in rooms with hundreds of others that they call brothers and sisters. How is that even fair? I don't get it. I just know that I have a responsibility to love these kids and to pray for them until my last breath. You can get more info and provide support for Noel here: http://www.noel-orphanage.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment