"Canvas is a bank piece of life. Waiting for someone to throw color and ambition on it. It waits anxiously for itself to come to life. Now is the time. Let the journey begin."

Monday, January 24, 2011

Bittersweet.

I have been kind of flaky when it comes to reading lately. I love it, but it's been hard to find a book that just grabs me and keeps me captivated. I guess it has more to do with relevance to my current place in life, rather than the story itself. I can't connect to something when I'm not experiencing it or recently have done so. There's been a lot of recent changes in my life and it has nonetheless been crazy. So along with my bible and an empty journal, I picked up a book by Shauna Niequist that is speaking wisdom and strength into my soul. Here's just an excerpt from the first chapter:

"I know now that I can make it through more than I thought, with less than I thought. I know better than to believe changes are over, and I know better than to believe the next ones will be easier, but I've learned the hard way that change is one of God's greatest gifts and one of his most useful tools. I've learned the hard way that change can push us, pull us, rebuke and remake us. It can show us, who we've become, in the worst ways, and also in the best ways. I've learned that it's not something to run away from, as though we could, and I've learned that in many cases, change is not a function of life's cruelty but instead a function of God's graciousness."


Experiencing a change in your life? Know that God has a plan in it. Change is God's way of showing us that He's working in our lives and there is a peace in knowing that He is at work.

P.s. I've included a link to Shauna's website. Her books are just really, really good! Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment